Renters Insurance in Greenwood Village, CO
If you rent or lease the place where you live, your landlord’s property insurance will not usually cover your possessions if they’re damaged or destroyed. In the event of an unexpected loss (e.g., theft, fire) this could leave you with costly out-of-pocket expenses. A renters insurance policy can help provide financial protection if such incidents occur.
Get the coverage you need. Contact The DeLuca Agency to learn about our renters insurance options. We have offices in Greenwood Village, Colorado, Draper, Utah, and Owings Mills, Maryland.
What Is Renters Insurance?
Similar to homeowners insurance, renters insurance can help cover costs associated with personal liability claims, damage to personal belongings and additional living expenses. Damage to the structural aspects of your rented building will generally be covered under your landlord’s insurance.
What Does Renters Insurance Cover?
Typically, renters insurance policies have the following three basic components:
- Personal possessions coverage can help pay to repair or replace your belongings (e.g., electronics, clothes) if they’re damaged, destroyed or stolen due to a covered peril.
- Additional living expenses coverage can help cover your extra expenses (e.g., meals, hotels) if covered property damage forces you to temporarily vacate your rented home.
- Personal liability coverage can help with costs (e.g., medical bills, legal fees) arising from allegations that you caused third-party bodily injury or property damage.
Additional coverages may be available as add-ons to your renters insurance. Ask your insurance agent if you could benefit from other coverage options.
How Much Does Renters Insurance Cost?
Your renters insurance premiums may be different than other renters for numerous reasons. Here are some of the factors which your insurance company may consider when determining the cost of your insurance:
- Location (e.g., zip code, county)
- Coverage types and amounts
- Your deductible
- Safety features at your rented property
- Other insurance coverages you have
You may be able to receive renters insurance discounts by getting multiple insurance policies from the same insurer (e.g., auto, watercraft). This is known as bundling.
Contact The DeLuca Agency for a renters insurance quote and to ask about potential savings.
How Do I Buy Renters Insurance
Let us help. Contact The DeLuca Agency to speak to an insurance agent today and learn more about our renters insurance policies.